I’m lucky enough to be attending the WWDC this year, as it reaches closer to the “day of the long queue” my thoughts are turning to what I hope will be announced at the conference. So here they are in no real order (apart from the first one)
- Ability to run apps on the Apple TV and use your iOS device as a controller, including multiple devices at the same time
- Open up Siri to 3rd party apps, although how they work out which app gets to answer the question could be interesting
- NFC, this could open up some interesting projects
- Allow companies to create internal documentation using iBooks and give them a secure way of distributing those documents to staff
- Increase the number of testing devices that can be used
- Improved battery life on the iPhone
- 4G iPhone, but at the moment I’m not fussed either way, being based in the UK
- A nicer gift, like a limited edition iPad (I can dream)
I’ll add to the list as I think of things, but its a start, wonder if any of them will come true.
- Move away from Google Maps, with the ability to use maps offline
Let me know what you hope to see announced?